Use: Rubber gaskets with steel sheet are made all in accordance with standard EN 1514-1 and with measures that are in line with measures flanges according to standards EN 1092-1, EN 1092-2 and EN 1092-3 for the application:
- In systems for the supply and distribution of water for human consumption,
- In systems for the supply and distribution of technical water,
- The system for the collection and disposal of waste water,
- In systems for distribution of sea water and other liquid fluids that are chemically aggressive.
Basic characteristics: The seals are made as a type of IBC, in accordance with the standard EN 1514-1, which means that they cover sealing surface flange with centering between the screws. Our seals are always 5 mm thick.
The seal is made entirely of a certain type of rubber (depending on application) by vulcanization in a closed tool, which guarantees the good homogeneous rubber, maintenance of dimensions and in particular the parallelism of corresponding surfaces.
In order to increase the mechanical characteristics and creep (cold flow) resistance when tightening, there is the pad of steel inside the seal that is completely coated with rubber.
Mixture of vulcanizing rubber is strictly controlled and aligned with the requirements of applicable standards and regulations for implementation. It can also be selected according to customer requirements or according to the type of the applied fluid.
Working conditions: In the basic version, seals are made of EPDM rubber type according to ISO 1629, with a pad of steel S235JR, with the following characteristics:
- The hardness of rubber is 70 ± 5 IRHD,
- EPDM rubber compound satisfies regulations for use in human food,
- Gasket type WB corresponds to the standard,
- EN 681-1 for drinking water, for continuous application at temperatures up to 110°C.
Ordering: In order to adapt to other standards and regulations, the seals are ordered according to recommendations of EN 1514-1 standard. The customer needs to deliver the following information:
- Nominal diameter DN,
- Nominal pressure PN,
- Required characteristics of the material or working fluid,
- In addition, the expected operating conditions in the application.